Entertainer, Humorist, Wildlife Impersonator, Outdoorsman. Two-time Grand National Wild Turkey Gobbling Champion and first World Quail Calling Champion.
Described as the “Rich Little” of the Animal Kingdom & The “Doctor Doolittle of the Outdoors” Ralph Duren Performs over 100 Wild Animal sounds interwoven among Humorous stories of growing up in the Ozarks of Missouri, Hunting, fishing, trapping and traveling coast to coast performing his “Calls of the Wild” program.
He has appeared on “The Tonight Show” with Jay Leno, CBS “This Morning”, CBS Tom Snyder “Late Night”, ‘Swan’s Place” and “Home Life” on Family Net, Michael Feldman’s “What Da You Know” on National Public Radio, Agri Talk Radio, Steve & D.C. Morning Show and numerous outdoor television shows on The Outdoor Channel, Versus, ESPN2, the Sportsmen’s Channel, and The Men’s Outdoor Recreation channel. He has a weekly segment on Missouri Outdoors and Texas Outdoors television, and a monthly appearance on Pepper & Friends )on KOMU-TV, Columbia, Mo.
Ralph is a regular guest on “Eye on Outdoors” Radio Show on KFNS FANSPORTS, St. Louis with host Ray Eye.
- Board member Missouri Conservation Federation.
- Missouri Trappers Association Hall of Fame, Inducted 2021
- Missouri Conservation Federation’s 1998 Conservation Communicator of the Year.
- Missouri Hunter Education Instructors Association hall of Fame, inducted in 2007.
- Twenty six years with the Mo. Dept. of Conservation as a Wildlife Damage Control Agent, Outdoor Skills Specialist, Hunter Skills Specialist, and Public Relations Specialist. 1979-2005
- Co-authored Mo. Turkey Hunter Education Manual and Mo. Trapper Education Manual.
- Co-wrote the hunter education movie “It’s Your Choice” used in hunter education classes in seventeen states.
- Ralph Duren in the Lewis and Clark reinactment.1997 World Quail Calling Champion
- 1995 & 2000 Grand National Wild Turkey Gobbling Champion
- 1997 & 1998 1 st runner-up Grand National Wild
- Turkey Gobbling Contest 1994, 1996, 1999, 2nd runner-up Grand National Wild Turkey Gobbling Contest
- Ralph’s Calls are featured on interactive exhibits in the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis and in the MDC Conservation Nature Center in Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Over 3000 live programs performed before audiences of all ages including:
- Mississippi Wildlife Extravaganza
- Alabama Fishing & Wild Turkey Expo
- Oklahoma Wildlife Expo
- Oklahoma Hunting Show
- Omaha Sport Show
- Kansas City Sport Show
- Des Moines Sport Show
- Minneapolis Sport Show
- International Hunter Education Association Annual Convention
- National Organization of Wildlife Enforcement Agents Annual Convention
- National Wild Turkey Federation Annual Convention
- Quail Unlimited National Convention
- Mule Deer Foundation
- Annual Convention
National Fish & Wildlife Foundation Banquets, New York City
- International Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies Annual Convention
- American National Fish & Wildlife, Wonders of Wildlife Museum
- Quad City Conservation Alliance Land Learning Foundation
- Natural Resources Conservation Service U.S.
- Forest Service
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Iowa DNR
- Nebraska Wildlife & Parks
- Kansas Wildlife & Parks
- Arkansas Game & Fish Commission
- Oklahoma Dept. of Wildlife Conservation
- Louisiana Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries
- Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources
- Missouri Farm Bureau
- Missouri Cattleman’s Association
- Missouri State Fair
- University of Missouri College of Natural Resources
- University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Missouri Ag. Extension Service
- Missouri Telecommunications Industry Association
- National Audio Theater Festival
- Big Muddy Folk Festival
Old Songs Festival of Albany, NY
- Silver Dollar City, Branson
- Bass Pro Shops
- Mississippi Queen Showboat
- Greater Houston Christian
- Outdoor Fellowship
- Olin- Winchester, Nilo Farms
- Orschelin’s Farm & Home, Corporate Hdqtrs.
- Pennington Seed, Mo. Hdqtrs.
- American Royal, Kansas City
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Animal Husbandry in 1976 from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Post graduate work in Ruminant Nutrition and Outdoor Education
- Choir member and drummer in the Praise band at Memorial Baptist Church, Jefferson City, Missouri
- Married for 46 years with 5 children & 16 grandchildren.
Pines Christian Church, Blue Eye, MO. Chili Supper and “Calls of the Wild” Friday Evening January 26, 2024